Applying for Water

Leavenworth County Rural Water District 5 

If you are in our district, and would like to apply for water service, there are a number of steps that must be completed.

1.  Feasibility Study.  Complete the attached form, and include a $135 non-refundable fee for the feasibility study. The feasibility study does not entitle you to purchase water service.  Final approval or disapproval is dependent on the results from the Engineer and rests with the Board of Directors for RWD#5.  Results remain in effect for 6 months after the receipt of the results.

2. Submitting Your Application for Water:

a.  Application.   
Upon approval of the feasibility study from the Engineer, complete the application form.  Be sure to list the LEGAL DESCRIPTION of your property in block number 9.  A Benefit Unit costs $6,000, which must be included with the application.  A benefit unit entitles the user to purchase water from RWD#5 for the particular location listed in the legal description.  The application must be notarized.  This application will be presented to the Water Board at the next monthly meeting.  Monthly meetings are typically held the 3rd Thursday of each month.  Check with RWD#5 for any changes. Please note, there may be additional charges for installation.

b. Right-Of-Way Easement.
In addition to the application form, you must complete the Right-of-Way Easement with the proper legal description of the property.  It must also be notarized.

c.  Copy of Your Deed.  Submit a copy of the deed showing owner-ship.

Transferring Your Benefit Unit:
Should you, for example, sell your property, and your account is current, you may transfer the Benefit Unit to the new owners by completing  this TRANSFER OF WATER BENEFIT UNIT ASSIGNMENT FORM.  It would need to be signed by the holder of the benefit unit.  That signature must be notarized.  Then signed by the new owners.  Provide the completed document and a copy of the DEED to RWD#5 for their approval at the next meeting.

If you are selling your property, please be sure to notify the District Office, so that we may schedule a read out of the meter as soon as the closing date/possession will be given to the new owner is established.   The account must be current.  Until the unit is formally transferred, the original holder shall be responsible for payment of service.


© Copyright. All rights reserved. 

We need your consent to load the translations

We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details in the privacy policy and accept the service to view the translations.